Client: One of the largest cosmetics brands in the world
Industry Type: Consumer goods
Areas of operations: Worldwide
Number of Employees: over 80,000
The company had many challenges with 150+ servers, clustered DB servers, and highly complex integrations. Several terabytes of data were moved as part of the migration including BI applications. Transforming their flat network to micro segmented on cloud and flexible, movement from shared to dedicated or vice versa proved difficult for them. Besides this there was a cumbersome server handover process due to vendor dependency for application support pre-and post-migration.
Wipro recommended that the client embark on a digital transformation journey and include automation to overcome some of its challenges.
- Wipro leveraged Studio based public cloud migration to Azure using cloud native tools such as ASR.
- High collaborative engagement leveraging all internal and external teams including Microsoft.
- Usage of Cloud Studio homegrown tool such as IntelliAssess for assessment.
- Automation leveraged to accelerate handover and compliance checks.
Our team had the scalability and experience to bring our client's global infrastructure into their new cloud environment. We managed the complex enterprise database migration with success, which ensured that we were able to get tangible results for them on timr process.
- Agile cloud migration leveraging Cloud Studio industry standard migration mechanisms.
- Complex database migrations for business critical applications.
- Detailed system design and charter documentation for all apps in scope.
- Performance improvement for mission critical BI (business Intelligence) applications.
- Resource tagging automation to enhance handover process.
- Multiple migration R-lanes – OS & DB(SQL) rehost and replatform.