- Client: American Fortune 500 manufacturer and distributor of electronic products and components
- Industry type: Electronics manufaturing
- Products or services: Electronics & computer components, enterprise computing solutions
- Areas of operations: Global presence
A leading electronics manufacturer and distributor knew that to deliver on its growth plans, the company had to modernize its systems to meet the needs of its rapidly evolving procurement function. This task also required enhancing the finance and accounting processes associated with procurement. The American company sought to achieve this by migrating from its current systems (Oracle E-Business Suite and Coupa) to a new, cloud-based platform.
Our Wipro’s ‘Zoom to Cloud’ methodology. powered by its Jump Start design accelerator, enabled the manufacturer to quickly migrate its business processes from Coupa to Oracle Cloud. The solution covered the entire process, from sourcing to transactional procurement to settlement, and leveraged Oracle Sourcing and Procurement Cloud to help capture and manage all non-trade transactions through a single system.
This single application was much easier to use and simpler to navigate, as it converged invoice processing from multiple sources, including WebCenter, Supplier Portal, and B2B communications. Wipro’s shared services model for the manufacturer’s procure-to-pay process also proved beneficial, delivering significant technology and personnel cost savings while freeing key users to focus on the more-strategic vendor management process. Ultimately, the transformed procurement system was much more robust, scalable and cost-effective than the original platform.
- Centralized sourcing and integration across global business units significantly increased efficiency of the sourcing and negotiation process
- The system brought more visibility into spend analytics and sourcing processes through robust custom dashboards, reducing “maverick” spending by 18%
- Having a single system for the entire source to settle process across North America made business operations and maintenance much easier
- The cloud-based system reduced IT expenditures by 15%