- Client: A leading modular house manufacturing company and a frontrunner in the design for manufacture and assembly housing industry in the U.K.
- Industry: Construction company
- Products: Modular house manufacturing & construction
The smart homes industry strives to deliver a comfortable, secure and intuitive living experience to its users by integrating and connecting various smart components into a unified ecosystem. However, the industry has traditionally struggled to incorporate continuous improvements in a structured way across the delivery value chain, which would enhance the customer experience of their homes and provide greater value along the delivery process. The client wanted to drive technology-led innovation for informed facilities management and transform its housing value chain into a real-time connected ecosystem that would allow in-depth data analysis to feed and improve future house designs.
The client chose Wipro as their preferred partner to drive this technology transformation exercise dubbed Project Canvas. Wipro’s solution integrates data from design, manufacturing and home usage to enable a continuous feedback loop. The overall aim was to enable various smart devices, such as thermostats, lighting, security, appliances and other sensors like window & door contacts etc. in smart homes to be set up, connected and controlled via a central portal for intelligent insights on the data captured from various IoT devices. Key phases of the solution included
- Exploration workshop to gravitate user-centric process design
- System and data integration architecture of edge devices, IoT cloud and enterprise platforms
- Setup of sensor/edge devices and associated infrastructure in homes
- Collect all data parameters from different devices to IoT Cloud
- Integrate data from IoT Cloud to SAP Business Technology Platform
- Use of HANA as underlying database
- User-specific dashboards and analysis using SAP Fiori as well as SAP Analytics Cloud.