Client: Tagros Chemicals India Pvt. Ltd.
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Core Business: Manufacture of synthetic pyrethroids, herbicides, fungicides, pesticide intermediates, and special formulations
Areas of operations: India
Customers: Exports to over 90 countries across the globe
To support its growth plan, the client needed to upgrade its on-premise SAP systems from older legacy hardware as it presented a business risk. The outdated hardware caused SAP application performance issues affecting logistics, financial
reports, and month-end activities, resulting in higher downtime during support pack updates and upgrades. Infrastructure and operational costs were very high due to on-premise hardware, which was nearing end-of-life. The unavailability of management dashboards affected decision-making, and a better user interface was needed to improve system utilization and team productivity.
To meet current and future business needs, the client sought to partner with Wipro in their transformation journey to implement a cloud-based solution that delivered value and came bundled with the latest features. Wipro proposed a migration plan and strategy that leveraged Wipro’s well-proven and established Migration Factory framework to deliver the services. Key highlights of the solution included:
- Migration of all servers from SAP ECC landscape to S/4HANA on AWS cloud, planned with parallel activities
- S/4HANA technical and functional upgrade of SAP ECC and OS (Unix to Linux), and DB (IBM AIX to S/4HANA) migration
- Solution manager and Fiori installation and configuration
- Interface testing with other SAP and non-SAP systems
- Completion of the SAP migration project within a short span of 25 weeks