Get Ready to Move to Cloud & SAP S/4HANA
By 2027, an estimated 40,000 SAP systems will need to move to SAP S/4HANA. The migration represents an opportunity for companies to simplify and optimize their IT environments with cloud migration and a modern enterprise SAP digital core that accelerates business transformation.
To help enterprises move to SAP S/4HANA in an agile and reliable way, SUSE partners with Wipro to provide automated end-to-end SAP deployment based on open-source technologies and cloud solutions. Using SUSE’s multi-cloud approach and close relationship with SAP, allows organizations to get more value from their SAP investment faster. The automation best practices that SUSE has developed and the SAP expertise and services that Wipro provides, enables a fast and successful path to Cloud and SAP S/4HANA.
Challenges in SAP S/4HANA Migration
For enterprise-scale organizations, the journey to SAP S/4HANA in the cloud, includes several common challenges:
- Ramping up the cloud environment before the SAP deployment requires in-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure, network, security, etc.
- There are many requirements to follow to be compliant with SAP HANA including certification and KPI requirements.
- SAP HANA and applications are complex and demand large efforts when deployed manually.
- High availability deployments fail and cause outages because the manual installation and configuration is too complex.
- There is lack of stability and repeatability, because the process is tedious, time consuming, and error prone. Organizations are frustrated by these challenges because they significantly delay the project schedule, require additional resources to remediate the risks, and in worst cases even cause disruption in business continuity.
Simplify, Modernize, and Accelerate SAP Business Transformation
SUSE is partnering with Wipro to provide a SUSE-Wipro Automation and Monitoring Framework for SAP deployments on the hyperscalers – Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform. The framework combines SUSE's expertise in SAP, high availability, and automation, with Wipro's expertise in SAP S/4HANA implementation and migration to simplify, modernize, and accelerate business transformation for enterprises.
The benefits of this partnership are clear:
Simplify the deployment of an SAP landscape in test, dev, and production environments to reduce the cost of switching to and maintaining the infrastructure.
Modernize SAP services in a cloud environment to ensure compliance across a range of configurations.
Accelerate business transformation to become adaptive and disruptive.