- Client name or descriptor (in unnamed): A US-based leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world
- Industry: BFSI
- Products or Services: Global payment processing service
- Geography or Areas of operations: Global (210 countries)
The customer wanted to meet its regulatory mandate in a short span of time within the host country. They had multiple legacy and very complex applications on Mainframe and required a global SI partner to provide a cost-effective platform to host these applications.
This engagement was an initiative to implement a switching solution in order to meet the local regulation requirements, of holding customer specific data within the host country. Within a short span of time, Wipro implemented a solution for multiple critical and very complex applications. The portfolio landscape consisted of 11,166 files system, 46 MLOC code in COBOL, DB2, JCL. We developed a POC using Micro Focus products and DB2 for LUW with AIX, and ensured single code base maintainability with mainframe and Linux platforms.
Wipro provided end-to-end solutions starting from analysis and design to delivery with zero requirements to redevelop or modify applications on release. We also provided services on Security & Privacy Compliance, DR Support and PCI certification of applications in support scope
Wipro added value to the end-to-end implementation by:
- Ensuring faster time-to-market by meeting local regulatory mandate
- Improving employee user experience and greater agility through 24*7 support and cross-training
- Reducing TCO through re-hosting and complying with local regulations
- Developing reusable migration toolkit for any future enablement in different geographies
- Standardizing enterprise landscape for better maintainability
“Wipro, along with our modernization partner, Micro Focus, helped the customer meet their local regulatory requirements. By implementing a cost-effective re-hosting solution for maintaining their database and processing transactions, we have helped them achieve faster time-to-market, reduced overall TCO, and most importantly meet the regulatory needs.” – Ashok Saravanan, Practice Head for App Modernization, Wipro.