Client/descriptor: The largest integrated producer of uncoated free-sheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity.
Industry: Paper & paper products.
Geography or Areas of operations: US and Canada
Total annual revenue: Revenue is approx. $ 6+ Billion
A complex application landscape prevailed where solutions had to be built with stringent timelines. Complex planning had to be executed with multiple scenarios and multiple stakeholders had to be managed on solution approval. Convincing the business team on the proposed solution was tough as the client's business team were firm with their stance.
Wipro used its standard assessment methodology to arrive at the solution.
It comprised of the following:
- Study of Existing BAAN planning process
- Understanding business pain areas and add-on requirements
- Gap Analysis (compared with Standard JDE)
- Discussion with business on recommended solution options to fill up gaps
- Final Solution with all pieces integration
- Automated solution, with very minimal planner intervention
- Complete clarity on the data migration and planning pieces to make it easy to integrate in the whole migration project
- No maintenance and transaction for multiple applications
- Solution with less business team disturbance
- Solution adoption from business team, due to pain areas addressed
Wipro’s process transformation consulting team assessed as-is state of the client’s BAAN warehouse data and planning landscape. Wipro process transformation consulting helped with the solution roadmap, which has resulted in perfect decision-making and planning for migration of BAAN to Oracle JDE system. Key Solution levers used were Process mining, harmonization, process automation and end-to-end process visibility.
- N Mani General Manager, Wipro Limited.