- Communication between cloud and on-premise applications.
- Communication between applications behind firewalls inside organizations’ data centers.
- Asynchronous processing of messages using queues and topics. This also takes care of load leveling.
- Transaction-based message processing.
Azure Logic Apps
Azure Logic Apps helps build mission-critical integration workflows to integrate applications and data across on-premise and cloud and to orchestrate microservices/workflows. It provides a host of connectors that help connect with on-premise systems, cloud systems, Cognitive Services, Azure IoT Suite, Azure Storage Blob, Office 365, SalesForce, Azure Event Grid, etc. It provides support for industry-standard protocols like AS2, X12, EDIFACT, etc., and the capability to process XML messages, flat files, etc.
It provides an easy to use visual designer interface, which supports easy creation of workflows. Logic Apps can be coupled with Azure Functions to include custom code if required.
Azure Logic Apps provides a host of connectors that include standard connectors for connecting to:
· Power BI, Azure Blob Storage, Event Hub, Twitter, OneDrive etc.,
· On-Premise Connectors such as Oracle DB, BizTalk Server, SharePoint etc.,
· Integration account connectors which provide support for transforming, validating XML, decoding, supporting standard formats like X12 and enterprise connectors for connecting to SAP, MQ, etc.
A logic app consists of actions, triggers, workflows, and flow controls.