Magyar Telekom wanted to embark on a business process transformation journey that would help them bring down their time to market, thereby improving customer experience. The focus was on reducing customer churn and improving market share. They needed to reduce their operating and capital expenditure and improve EBITDA by standardizing operations.
As part of the business process re-engineering exercise for business support systems, Magyar Telekom initiated the Pillango Transformation Program to roll out a consolidated state-of-the-art CRM and billing application. They needed to integrate over 60 applications spanning more than 200 Web services, including complex Message Exchange Patterns (MEP). Along with this, they had to consolidate business processes in a single stack.
Wipro collaborated with Magyar Telekom to seamlessly integrate mission critical applications like CRM, Amdocs billing, provisioning, document application, loyalty system and product catalogue with a SOA-based framework. The aim was to achieve agility, reusability, ease of management and faster time to market.
Wipro ensured comprehensive integration, managing over 30 legacy vendors and three IT partners.
- Delivered over 200 services per release calendar on time, using a SOA-based framework
- Put in place a Deployment Automation Framework for a faster cycle and one-command deployment
- Migrated the legacy application SOABP (Service Oriented Application Back Plane)–which had multiple integration processes, making it expensive in terms of operation, development and maintenance costs–to an Oracle Service Bus (OSB) stack. This made the integration landscape sleeker
- Conceptualized the SOA integration framework for SOA governance, including development patterns, service catalogue and documentation
- Implemented CA Service Virtualization to enable integration testing of critical order-related business processes in development environment
- Implemented lightweight interfaces to make order process related services faster
- Provided consulting services for TIBCO analysis, which enabled the client to plan and visualize integration asset roadmap
- Enabled template-based development of services across different categories
- Main billing and order related integrated processes are now 50% faster
- Tariff plan change, customer data modification and change of ownership processes are 70% faster
- Reduced deployment time error significantly: about 10% of the manual deployment errors have been eliminated due to DevOps-enabled automated deployment solution
- Time to market reduced from several weeks to just 8 hours now
- Template-based approach brought down development of services’ time by 15%, reduced defects by 20% during end-to-end testing
- Removal of SOABP from the landscape reduced operational and development costs by 20%
- SOA stack upgrade reduced order delays: Now 10% less orders are stuck in production due to platform issues, thereby reducing operational costs, customer churn or penalty
- Faster and easier deployment cycles with the use of new deployment automation framework: automation reduced deployment time by a third
- Implementation of CA Service Virtualization helped discover defects at an early stage of the cycle, thereby keeping provisioning and maintenance costs at a low level
Services for order processes integrated provisioning, billing, document and other applications seamlessly, which made business processes much smoother.