- Client: Government Owned Water Utilities Company
- Industry: Utility
- Products/ Services/ Core Business: Water, water recycling, wastewater treatment, storm water service
- Revenue/ Employees/ Customers: Revenue of $2,898 million/ 2,400+ employees/ 4.9 million customers
- Geo: Australia
As Australia’s largest water services provider, the client wanted to change its 30-year-old billing platform and consolidate its customer view to increase operational efficiency and enable cost-effective delivery of services.
In addition, there was a need to improve response to market and regulatory changes using a flexible platform and a simplified application landscape. Adding to the challenges that had to be addressed was the vulnerability to operational risks due to a decline in team numbers (for business and IT support) as a consequence of employees being on the verge of retirement and rising costs due to customization.
Wipro created a customer experience transformation program to provide a 360-degree view of the customer while retaining a property-centric financial and service view.
Field services, that were a mix of third-party contractors and in-house agents, were integrated to reduce operational risk.
The overall solution consisted of the following:
- Implementation of BW/4HANA and HANA Analytics in S/4HANA for business intelligence
- Wipro’s unique SAP-certified Rapid Deployment solution for Utilities “SaFE Water” with pre-configured water business scenarios
- Greenfield implementation of SAP S/4 HANA ISU 1709 and maintenance of application modules pertaining to billing, device management, and finance and contract accounting functions
- Replacing the 40+ bespoke billing and CRM applications of the contact center with SAP CRM 7 (Suite on HANA) for business transformation. It helped in designing customer-specific pricing to meet market change with simplified tariff structure.
- Support legacy systems (Siebel, Maximo, Content Management etc.)
- Middleware-SAP PO and TIBCO to enable the complex integrations between SAP and non-SAP environments
The interventions created by Wipro helped deliver:
- Personalized user experience, boost in productivity and savings in management costs with the implementation of a single CRM
- Next-generation self-service capabilities to customers with state-of-the-art billing and customer service features with integrated systems
- More than 100,000 bills produced in ~10 minutes and more than 80,000 invoices produced in less than 4 minutes while resulting in less than 1,500 exceptions
- Accuracy of above 99% in data migration and billing scenarios with Wipro’s unique “SaFE Water” solution
- Lowered cost and risk of failure by reducing customization and SAP CRM 7 adoption
Wipro takes pride in the fact that the solution across multiple project phases for the client made this one of the world’s largest integrations between SAP ISU, CRM and RE-FX. - Sundararaman Sankaranarayanan SAP Digital Innovation Group Head, Wipro Limited.