Aligning with the company’s vision for growth, Wipro leveraged Oracle Cloud to implement Oracle MES – a manufacturing execution system on Cloud, which enabled digital transformation and efﬁciency on the factory ﬂoor.
- Oracle Cloud was implemented for various modules across functions manufacturing, ﬁnance, human resources, sales and services
- Business Intelligence capabilities were added using Oracle BICS applications
- Oracle Cloud applications were fully integrated with manufacturing devices such as SCADA, Gravimetric, etc.
Wipro leveraged ‘Wipro’s Jumpstart Kit for Oracle Cloud’ – an array of tools and accelerators for rapid cloud migration – as part of the simpliﬁed methodology for accelerated cloud implementation.
This innovation solution enabled Precision Group with:
- Real-time visibility into supply chain and inventory organization
- Integrated planning and budgeting activities within the organization
- Enhanced operational efﬁciency, production planning performance, and sales & ﬁnancial analytics
- Intelligent manufacturing analytics, to determine machine & resource efﬁciency
- Improvement in transaction posting, resulting in higher accuracy in inventory control and management
- Accuracy on product availability, which in turn resulted in greater customer satisfaction
- Seamless creation of quotes for accurate and efﬁcient product pricing using Oracle CPQ
This project was one of the ﬁrst manufacturing cloud implementations in the world, and marked the beginning of digital transformation within Precision Group.
“We chose Wipro as our strategic partner because of their deep technology expertise, domain knowledge and industry insights. Wipro’s integrated perspective has helped us connect the dots and identify the optimal roadmap for our transformation program.”
David Swan, CEO, Precision Group.