Client: Large global trading company headquartered in USA, dealing primarily in agricultural commodities.
Products/Services/Core Business: Agricultural services, crop and livestock, food, health and pharmaceutical, industrial and financial risk management, raw materials
Geography or Areas of operations: Global
The company was facing process inefficiencies, due to heavy dependence on complex processes. Additionally, their current JD Edwards version 8 systems are not flexible enough to accommodate mergers and acquisitions. The company wants to upgrade their existing JD Edwards systems, with the objectives of;
- Operating in multiple countries with unique localization requirements.
- Reducing total cost of ownership.
- Resolving specification, limitations and eliminating constraints for business expansion.
- Eliminating non-value adding activities by leveraging automation.
Wipro helped the company upgrade from JDE Enterprise One V8 to V9.1, and JDE Worldsoft V8.1 to 9.2 – the latter being one of the largest and most complex JDE Worldsoft upgrade programs in the world. Wipro provided best-in-class JD Edwards Shared Service
Organization for application development and maintenance (ADM) services.
Additionally, Wipro helped the company leverage IoT and Automation using the Enterprise One IoT orchestrator. This enabled the ERP systems to consume data from disparate devices and accelerate business processes. With continuous learning, the Orchestrator constantly enhances its ability to read and interpret data, getting accustomed to different modes in which data can be received.
Wipro leveraged several tools to ensure an accelerated and cost-effective upgrade:
- Wipro’s IntelliSRV powered by HOLMES helped further improve delivery efficiency, performance & optimization for global application support.
- Cognitive Ticket Classifier Bot was utilized for ticket classification.
- EasyRUN and Application Health check Bot were leveraged for application monitoring.
- iLina for problem identification and auto-resolve.
- $5.4M savings in IT costs
- 27% reduction of overall ticket volume
- Faster, streamlined and efficient business processes
- Optimal level of standardization across multiple countries, with certain customizations to meet unique local requirements
- Enhancement of order-entry processes, with over 77% automation
- Increased user experience
Wipro partnered with the client to understand their modernization needs. Our team of experienced JDE consultants ensured a seamless upgrade of the client’s systems. They also deployed IoT and automation solutions that helped in reducing the total cost of ownership. This helped us reduce time-to-market for this complex modernization program.
Ramesh Babu, Global Head - JD Edwards Practice, Oracle Service Line, Modern Application Services, Wipro Limited.