The producer of iron ore pellets achieved 100% automation of HR processes and optimized talent management by implementing SAP SuccessFactors and SAP best practices
Client: Bahrain Steel-wholly owned by Foulath Holding
Area of operation: The Middle East
Products & services: Producer of iron ore pellets used in the making of steel
Employees: More than 1000
Bahrain Steel lacked an efficient HR systemto manage workforce performance and talent.There was a need to evaluate performance of employees more than once a year with a possibility of change of goals during the period.In addition, the existing performance application did not support dashboards/reporting or KPIs for executive decision-making. The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) was decentralized with no integration across various processes. Moreover, self-service tools were not user-friendly and in accessibleon mobile devices.
Wipro implemented Cloud-based SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite, including the modules of Performance and Goals Management, Employee Central, Recruiting and Onboarding, Compensation, Learning Management, Workforce Analytics and SAP Jam; and also integrated SuccessFactors with SAP ERP HCM using SAP HCI as middleware.
- Implemented Goals and Performance Management module with complex threshold and score calculations
- Uniﬁed reporting tools for management and enabled seamless integration of Performance Management with Compensation Management and Learning module
- Enabled Continuous Performance Management feature for continuous improvement of employee performance and to build a connect with management
- Standardized HR processes and simpliﬁed execution with user-friendly self-service tools that can be accessed on mobile and hand-held devices
- Implemented Employee Central module integrating Time Management, SAP ERP HCM and Compensation Management
With the implementation of SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite, Bahrain Steel simpliﬁed its employee lifecycle process leading to greater employee engagement. A centralized HR with cross-module integration, such as Compensation with Performance Management, enabled efﬁcient talent management and provided the employees, managers and leaders greater visibility across the organization.