- Client: Leading International Transportation Company
- Industry type: Logistics
- Products or Services or Core Business: Delivery & Transportation services
- Geography or Areas of operations: Operations in UK/Europe
The customer is operating in a highly competitive market and wanted to re-ignite growth and improve their margins to be in line with the industry average. For achieving growth, they needed to increase the availability and breadth of transportation services in their growth markets. They also needed to speedily turn around quotations for time-sensitive services. Finally, they planned to retain customers through Execution consistency, guaranteed service performance, and Industry-specific SLAs.
To improve profitability, they wanted to reduce input costs by implementing a robust Price discovery mechanism, which is to be embedded in the Quotation process with extensive, automated coordination with the Order management functions. The key to success was to establish Consistent processes that are not dependent upon people, and have a price approval process with traceability.
The client also required a managerial dashboard with drill-down options for executives to monitor order progress, country/region performances, as well as Automated shipment track-and-trace to provide complete visibility.
Wipro has been the concept-to-deliver partner for this business Program. Wipro assessed the current situation, identified the pain areas in terms of Business Process discontinuities as well as technical capability gaps, and helped roadmap the implementation. We envisaged the creation of a global template followed by rollout to 30+ countries.
- Define transformation rollout plan for identified locations and understand the AS-IS processes and systems
- Enquiry to quote; Quote to order; Order to deliver; Deliver to cash; Replenishment inbound operations; outbound orders; Return inbound; Return solution, and Order consolidation
- Translating this information into Business Capabilities, Value Streams, Process models & Applications landscape.
- Solution is based on Oracle CPQ Cloud, Oracle OTM Cloud, and Oracle Order Management Cloud, all integrated using Oracle Integration Cloud
- The implementation was done using Scaled agile framework. Wipro’s Process Classification Framework for Oracle Cloud was used to:
- Define ‘Minimum Viable Product’ (MVP) from user Stories
- Enrich defined user stories and high business processes, and to define business process commonalities of pilot countries
- Promote Collaboration: Sprint demos to end user and key stakeholders; Cadence call with Oracle to review solution progress, identify workarounds for complex functionality challenges and identify product function enhancements; expedite quick fixes critical to the Program.
- The solution enables the ability to get the best vendor rates to provide the best transportation solution to customers, and is helping to expand the operating margins by 18%
- Detailed roles and responsibilities structured to accomplish end-to-end, consistently executable business processes, and Ability for senior executives to monitor operations through Dashboards with drill-down to a granular level on business performance at book location, country or region level.
- Automated shipment track-and-trace to provide complete visibility to their customers
- A scalable solution with the ability to define quote with approval mechanism supported by well-structured transportation solution design, providing complete traceability and compliance achieved on quote-to-cash process
- The well-coordinated quote-to-cash execution and expanded coverage is helping to drive customer centricity, better deal-win rates and expansion of coverage, all resulting in 7-8% higher revenue growth