Client name: Broadcom Inc.
Industry type: Semiconductors (Technology)
Products or services or core business: Semiconductors and infrastructure software products
Geography or areas of operations: Global
Broadcom is growing fast with frequent M&As – the latest being the acquisition of Symantec. This has resulted in an ever increasing need for expansion of its IT environment. Simultaneously, Broadcom also wanted to avoid any further capital investments and was looking for alternatives to increase ROI on IT investments. Broadcom needed:
- Agile IT solutions with a scalable operating model for seamless expansion
- Reusability of existing underutilized hardware
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Robust and reliable architecture
Understanding Broadcom’s ambition for growth, Wipro worked towards leveraging Oracle Cloud to offer them the agility and scalability they needed. As a first step towards Broadcom’s Cloud journey, Wipro implemented and managed a new Disaster Recovery (DR) ecosystem as-a-Service, migrating the Enterprise Applications DR setup from on-premise to Oracle Public Cloud.
- Databases provisioned on the high-performance Exadata Cloud Services
- Applications landscape provisioned as Infrastructure as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Migrated both Oracle and Non-Oracle workloads
- Achieved Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
This completely transformed Broadcom’s DR landscape from a CAPEX to OPEX model, offering the organization elasticity to expand on Cloud as and when required.