Wipro helped Brightstar migrate the on-premise SAP setup including the Disaster Recovery site to AWS cloud, which included production, development and the quality environment. The scope of the engagement included the following set of activities:
- SAP and Database Migration to AWS: Migration of nine SAP servers from on-premise to AWS Cloud within a short time span of 10 weeks with minimal downtime.
- Migration and testing:
- SAP objects re-validation and functional integration testing.
- Interface testing with other SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Parallel SAP BASIS activities and SAP functional integration testing.
- Installation and configuration of SAP and Database (DB2)
- Installation of SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- SAP Disaster Recovery Setup Services: High Availability (HA) environment setup successfully established in active and passive mode. In case of any failure, standby mode will now be active within three minutes.
- EHP7 and Portal Upgrade:
- EHP7 version upgraded within seven weeks.
- 1000+ objects adjusted during the upgrade.
- Netweaver Portal Upgraded to 7.4
- Integration with all systems, teams and geographies.
Migrating SAP to AWS Cloud has accelerated the digital transformation journey of Brightstar, resulting in faster go-to-market ability, reduced operational costs, enhanced agility and technical excellence.
- Improved operational efficiency by 60%, with finance, sales and operations teams now having access to full data sets and the ability to generate on-demand analysis.
- Move to an OPEX consumption-based model (by the hour, by the Gigabyte per month).
- Implemented cloud-to-cloud Disaster Recovery solutions. Both production server and disaster recovery server are cloud-based, which will help to minimize downtime in case of natural disaster or any other crisis.
- Simplified capacity management with flexibility for infrastructure resizing.
- Eliminated Hardware Life Cycle Management.
- Compliance with enterprise security policies, standards and audit requirements.
- On demand high-speed storage infrastructure taken from cloud (use and pay concept) with flexible resizing.
- Transition to a new generation, stable, scalable and agile infrastructure platform.
- Increased user productivity: EHP7 offers an improved user interface, updated role-based access and increased use of Adobe forms.
Wipro has been our strategic partner in this digital journey that involved migrating the SAP on-premise ERP to AWS cloud and ensuring a successful delivery. This transformation has resulted in improved operational efficiency and business agility at Brightstar. We look forward to partnering with Wipro on our digital engagements in future.
Nitin Sharma, IT Head - Brightstar Telecommunications India Ltd.