Client: A large structural steel producer from the Middle East
Industry type: Manufacturing
Products: Direct Reduced Iron (DRI) and finished steel products (Angles, I Beams, H Beams, Flat Bars and Channels)
Operations: Kingdom of Bahrain and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
With the introduction of VAT in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, the client had to make corresponding changes in their ERP, converting their decade-old SAP EhP6 to SAP S/4HANA 1610 for VAT implementation and to access additional functionality.
The client also wanted to roll out SuccessFactors for improved collaboration, talent management and maximizing people performance.
With the changes and upgrades to their systems, the client recognized an opportunity to consolidate management reporting and, in parallel, to optimize licensing and other costs using a single system (SAP S/4HANA).
The engagement required Wipro to deliver:
- Process consulting, standardizing, solution architecture and data migration
- SAP S/4HANA Core module implementation with niche industry IS Mill products integration with SAP S/4HANA DS (Detailed Scheduling) and Actual Costing /Material Ledger Accounting
- System landscape consolidation for Bahrain and Saudi Arabia with a single instance of SAP S/4HANA
- Roll out of SuccessFactors with HANA Cloud Integration
In order to meet the client’s goals, the first step was to integrate and implement the niche steel industry solution IS Mill with SAP S/4HANA DS, Actual Costing /Material Ledger Accounting along with custom code conversion of 400+ objects and a redesign of conventional, non-real time BW reports to S/4HANA real time, embedded BW reports. The next step was to ensure VAT implementation for Bahrain and Saudi geos, integrated business planning for finance and deployment of 600+ SAP Fiori Applications (transactional, analytical and factsheets).
The 8 month project included business process rollout of SuccessFactors and HCI integration – cloud to on-premise.
The single instance of SAP S/4HANA across manufacturing operations in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia made a substantial impact by simplifying management reporting as well as reducing license and other costs. The other benefits included:
- Ability to meet local VAT compliance requirements enabled by the conversion of SAP EhP6 to SAP S/4HANA 1610
- Improved collaboration and talent management capabilities through the integration of SuccessFactors with SAP S/4HANA
- Enhanced user experience with Fiori adoption
“Domain and business expertise are critical when upgrading to SAP S/4HANA for new functionalities. It also means understanding industry-specific solutions and integrating them flawlessly. Our expertise and right toolsets enable us to participate in the MOVE program for SAP S/4HANA with SAP, which is why the most demanding clients across the globe, partner with Wipro for their SAP needs.”
-Satish Raghammudi SAP Global Delivery Head, Wipro Limited.