Client: A US-based multinational IT company
Industry: Computers & peripherals
Areas of operations: Worldwide
Number of Employees: 50000+
The customer had more than 72% of their IT landscape, concentrated in two DCs (data centers), owned and operated by 3rd party in the US. They were evaluating migrating to cloud to gain resiliency as their environments included HA (high availability), DR (disaster recovery). They were looking for reduced cost of operations and low/no maintenance of DCs. Additionally, they wanted to resolve the issue of lower agility and have a flexible and future-ready IT landscape to fuel future growth.
The company wanted to improve performance and efficiency with higher user satisfaction. They were also looking for cost savings with deployment of AWS and a transparent and usage driven ‘pay-per-use’ cost model. As part of the data center exit strategy, the client leadership had decided to move on-prem apps to multi public cloud.
Wipro had the capabilities, technical know-how proprietary apps, and superior experience in Enterprise Data Center migration to cloud. We had an excellent relationship with the client stake holders and commendable delivery track record in E-2-E support of 202+ apps. Our strength in leveraging AWS Cloudendure and Azure ASR migration factory (bulk migration too) and factory based yet flexible execution approach helped in overcoming these challenges.
The customer has 84+ applications and 1600 servers running from the two DCs which had been assessed in phase-1 of the program. Wipro leveraged its fully automated Cloud Migration Studio platform powered by Cloudendure and ASR to deliver:
- Analysis, interaction with the app team to create a new app architectural diagram and construct along with HA, DR, security, and backup strategy.
- Developed move groups for migration based on the understanding of the business applications up and downstream.
- Assess the infrastructure requirements and fix cybersecurity vulnerability before application move to cloud
- R-Lanes Supported Re-host, Re-platform for OS (Windows, Linux) and DBs
- Fresh build apps infra on cloud against unsupported infra and platforms.
- Using of automation Python scripts to create a seamless migration experience.
- Combination of Wipro expertise in Azure ASR, DMS and cloud migration factory to provide a smooth cloud migration experience.
- Comprehensive cloud architecture blueprints for rapid design and deployment of cloud platform.
- Addressing the key complexities for the company and risk-free workload migration to Azure by adopting the right tool for migration.
- Successful validation and testing of applications.
The customer benefited in several ways post completion of the migration program:
- More than 85% of all costs became variable, i.e., defined by scalable resource units (RU) with a price per RU.
- More flexible server sizes are now available
- Overall improvements in availability, security and operations.