- Client: A leading US-based IT company
- Industry: IT solutions
- Products/Services: Computer hardware and software
- Area of operation: Worldwide
The client had been through a major reorganization. Its IT landscape dictated that the master data management (MDM) solution should be able to interface with all applications and provide better service levels and improved functionality. However, the prevalent MDM platform posed severe scalability challenges.
The client was looking for a solution that could standardize customer management process and provide foundation for master data governance. It needed to move a large volume of records (Over 1.3 Billion objects) to a new highly scalable cloud-based MDM Platform.
Wipro implemented an effective data management solution for the client leveraging a Cloud-based MDM platform.
- A highly scalable architecture framework that supports structured and unstructured data loads
- Robust and high-performance user interface that provides 360-degree view of 1.3 Billion customer master entities and relationships
- Real-time matching solution built around 30+ fuzzy and exact match rules based on complex algorithms such as Lavanstein, Phonetic, Soundex and Metaphone
- Complex integration layer that supports 30+ web service clients, 40 data loaders and peak volume of 5 Million daily hits
- Flexible data model that ensures seamless relational database structure transformation to graph based database
- Near real-time integration with 20+ downstream consuming applications
- Synchronization with operational data store comprising of 2 Million entities/relationships and 220+ normalized RDMBS tables daily
- Powerful GUI that provides Google like search interface and can retrieve search results on 1.3 Billion objects in a fraction of second and supports advanced functionalities such as typehead, facets, tags and match explanation
- Enhanced cleansing capability to process bulk data feeds from external vendors
- Natural Language based parser built on linguistic principle that provides search functionality on top of the MDM platform search layer
- Real time cleansing and business rules validation built around serverless architecture Amazon Web Services and Lambda functions
The new MDM solution served as the backbone infrastructure for Sales Data Management to support partner profiling, account creation, and matching and alignment. The solution brought entire pre-sales customer and partner profiling environments in to a single system of record with tight automated linkages to Business Intelligence, Channel Data Management, CRM, and Sales Compensation.
- Delivered $12 Million IT savings over 5 years
- Enabled transitional service agreement exit of 4 applications
- Delivered global partner/customer hierarchy utilizing D&B hierarchies to improve business relationships and outcomes
- Enabled 90% automated partner crediting of externally sourced and channel sourced data
- Supported compensation goal to reduce end-to-end sales crediting to 20 days
- Reduced sales territory disjunction from 30% to less than 2%
- Expanded market opportunities by providing qualified leads to partners and field teams
- Migrated 1.3 Billion entities and relationships that included over 220M companies and 420M company sites
- Delivered capability to perform external match of 3 Million records per day
This was a large MDM implementation on the cloud in terms of scale and size. The innovative cloud-based MDM solution helped the client move to a scalable platform with a strong foundation for master data governance. This resulted in savings of $12 Million over a period of five years.
– Raman Awal, Global Practice Head - Information Management, DAAI, Wipro