- Client: A US-based multinational information technology company
- Industry: IT solutions
- Products/Services: Computer hardware and software
- Area of operations: Worldwide
- Number of employees: Over 50,000
The client had been through a major reorganization, which led to the need to streamline its IT landscape and business processes with the new operating model. The legacy Master Data Management (MDM) platform was not able to interface with all the business applications in the new environment and posed scalability challenges to business users.
Other challenges the client faced to run its day-to-day business included:
- Lack of comprehensive B2B and B2C customer view leading to lost opportunities
- Incomplete and inconsistent sales account definitions leading to missed coverage
- Manual tasks which increased supply chain inefficiencies and resulted in a higher turnaround
- Inability to adhere to new compliance requirements. E.g., GDPR mandated identification of unique customer version
- Absence of a robust data governance process
- Lengthy sales compensation process of 2 to 3 months, leading to employee dissatisfaction
Hence, the client sought an experienced partner to help migrate their MDM solution to a new platform and establish a corporate master data governance process.
The client chose Wipro as the preferred partner due to their decades-long experience of working with global companies, and their proven capability in large-scale data transformation initiatives.
After studying the legacy MDM platform, a robust, flexible and secure solution with data models, data analysis and profiling, data migration, custom utilities creation, match / merge rule setup, and fine-tuning was built on Reltio MDM platform.
The new MDM solution served as the backbone for Sales Data Management and supported partner profiling, account creation, matching and alignment. The transition to Reltio also enabled single system of record with tight automated linkages to Channel Data Management, Business Intelligence, CRM and Sales Compensation.
- High-performance MDM platform to manage 800 Million B2B and 550 Million B2C profiles
- Scalable architecture that supports structured and unstructured data loads
- Effective data model for a unified view of customer, organization and privacy data, with a future roadmap to include advanced functionalities (such as product and household view )
- Real-time matching solution leveraging 30+ Fuzzy and exact match rules based on complex algorithms
- Custom data governance capabilities that aligns with the business vision of establishing a corporate master data governance process
- Customizable user interface for business users, making the platform highly interactive with the ability to provide user specific views
- Google like Search interface that retrieves search results on 1.3 Billion records in a fraction of second and supports advanced functionalities
- Complex Integration layer that supports 30+ Web service clients, 40 inbound Data Loaders and peak volume of 5 Million daily hits
- Privacy data management to ensure GDPR compliance. Near real time integration of privacy data with enhanced audit and reprocessing capabilities
With the implementation of Reltio MDM solution, the client was able to realize cost savings of over 12 Million USD in a span of five years. The transition to a cloud based solution ensured optimal use of resources with minimal maintenance, bringing down costs and leading to a more efficient MDM platform. With the ability to handle contact preferences at scale, the solution maintained privacy norms, thus sustaining the client’s brand image.
Some of the key outcomes of the MDM implementation were:
- Reduced sales credit cycle time by 50% from 40 to 20 days resulting in a highly satisfied sales team
- Improved business process efforts by 35% with global and field based search capabilities
- Formation of a global partner hierarchy helped in better servicing of B2B customers, by providing clear picture of sites and associated sales reps
- Effective dashboards and executive reports with advanced match capabilities enabled unified customer view, that displays all transactions and linkages such as customer-account, account-contacts, customer-privacy
- Ease of partner/customer onboarding with match solution that reduced manual quote generation efforts
- Improved customer insights on new vs old customers helped the Client personalize their communication, enhancing the marketing effectiveness
- Automated 90% of processes in the rule based sales territory alignment program and reduced the inaccuracy from 30% to <2% in the alignment process of sales rep designated for B2B customer organization