Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 160,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.
Wipro, one of the world’s most trusted brands, is a name with a long history. Here’s a snapshot of our journey to date:
- 2016 – Wipro Acquires HealthPlan Services, a Leading Technology and Business Process as a Service Provider in the US Health Insurance Market
- 2015 – Carved out Wipro Digital business as a separate unit. Announced its intention to acquire Designit, global strategic design firm specializing in designing transformative product-service experiences.
- 2014 – Wipro selected as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), World member for the 5th consecutive year and recognized as the Global Sector Leader for the Software & Service Industry.
- 2013 – Wipro Ltd. demerges its ‘Diversified Business’ into a separate company to be named ‘Wipro Enterprises Ltd’. Wipro Ltd. to focus exclusively on IT Business.
- Entered the Eco-energy business in 2008
- Entered the BPO business in 2002
- The first company in the world to be assessed at PCMM Level 5 in 2001
- Listed on NYSE in 2000 (NYSE:WIT)
- Software business assessed at SEI-CMM Level 5 in 1998
- Entered IT services in the 1990s – we were among the pioneers in developing the ODC (Offshore Development Center) concept
- Established a Joint venture with GE in 1989
- Pioneers in marketing indigenous Personal Computers in 1985
- Established software products and exports subsidiary, Wipro Systems Ltd. in 1983
- Ventured in to the fledgling IT industry in 1981
- IPO for capital in February 1946
- Established in 1945 as Western India Vegetable Products Limited in Amalner, Maharashtra