Game Changing Innovation
Wipro's industry leading solutions are your metals and mining business’ best bet to achieve growth, efficiency and sustainability.
Driven primarily by large scale industrialization, urbanization of emerging economies and advances in consumer technology, we are witnessing the biggest boom in the global mining and energy industry in the last 50 years. This demand for metals and other mineral resources is predicted to continue in coming decades as more and more nations join the growth story.
However, to meet the expected demand, the industry faces several supply-side challenges including:
- Decreasing grades of known resources
- Increased remoteness of deposits and the associated safety and cost issues
- Increased depths of deposits leading to escalated complexity of "Earth Sciences"; along with an urgent industry need for exploration success
- Increasing nationalization of resources, particularly in emerging countries and regions
- Evolving regulations and regimes including fiscal, environmental and business conduct in general
- Rising input costs
- Higher capital costs needed to bring supply to market
- Continued disruptions to production from climatic conditions, labour disputes and political unrest
While the industry has always been rather volatile, many of the issues are new to the natural resources sector; consequently the industry is now faced with a transformative set of challenges for the future.
In the wake of these changes are several significant shifts prevalent in the industry:
- Increased demand for 'end-to-end' visibility and control of mine operations and planning, including life of mine planning, MES, and management of equipment and other critical resources
- An increasing necessity to embrace and accelerate automated and robotic mining methods
- An ongoing need to improve workforce management, safety, health and social responsibility
How Wipro Helps
In response, Wipro’s 'digital mining' is both visionary and timely. We believe that the time is right for the industry to embrace new operating models and measures. We believe that technological advances along with the increasing remoteness of mines and complexity in locating key skills will facilitate a new future for mining; not just in terms of exploration but in design and operation as well.
With digital mining, we deliver effective outcomes by giving competent and forward thinking responses to the prevailing concerns: How to locate and effectively manage resources; How to expedite mining set-ups and benefits; How to drive operational efficiency; How to succeed in and not merely survive the time of advancing changes.
We provide strategic processes, solutions and expertise to help our customers:
- Accelerate deployment of capital projects
- Enhance exploration data management and analytics
- Maximize efficiency with end to end operational solutions
- Build collaborative decision environments
- Address health, safety, security and environment issues
- Transform businesses with enterprise solutions
With its proven Operational Technology and Information Technology capabilities, Wipro is rated the largest and most experienced third party engineering services provider to the industry. Today, a large team of proficient industry elites and experts support Wipro’s engagement with 75+ global clients. Our mining expertise stems from having over 95 years of mining experience across our leadership team. We are unique in our investment and development of ‘genuine’ not generic consultants with a dedicated division of ‘mining services run by miners’. Wipro has created a strong presence in key mining geographies with the ability to support customers locally in Australia, US, UK, Canada, Latin America, South Africa, China, Kazakhstan and India through a global delivery organization.