Enabling the Telecom Equipment Ecosystem to Build and Sustain Digital Highways, the Networks of the Future
For decades, revenues from voice services powered the telecommunications industry. But today, the industry is experiencing a profound transformation with voice revenues in a steep decline and revenues from data and value-added services on the rise. Transformation requirements have been accelerated by technology innovations that are fundamentally changing the way telecom services are packaged and delivered.
Although carrier CAPEX is under pressure, these industry changes have created numerous opportunities for vendors in the telecom ecosystem. Vendors who are agile and can keep pace with telecom market requirements in a digital world will be able to grow revenues and profits.
Equipment vendors in the telecom industry require experienced partners who can help foster product innovation and create Digital Highways which will power tomorrow’s telecom networks. Partnerships not only help expand to new markets, they accelerate time to market and reduce operational expenses – they can also enhance competitive differentiation enabling our clients to do business better in a hyper-competitive marketplace.
Over the last two decades, Wipro has established itself as the global leader in product engineering, R&D, IT and BPO services in the telecom equipment vendor market. Wipro’s services portfolio includes system engineering, software and hardware design, development, verification and validation services, product re-engineering and product support services.
Wipro was ranked as the #1 Supplier of Telecom R&D Engineering Services in Zinnov’s GSPR 2012 Survey.
Our Vision: To be the supplier of choice to industry leaders by:
- Building product domain knowledge
- Developing competency centers of excellence
- Providing the best work environment and career management for individuals who are passionate about this industry
We have over 7500 employees from R&D and IT engineering, consulting and program management domains. We work with clients on their innovation journey and are actively shaping the industry across RAN, Ethernet and Optical, Converged Core, EMS-NMS and new device technologies. Our R&D, IT and BPO services help our customers develop the best products and solutions in the market.
Our promise to our clients is to continuously delight them with expertise and technology leadership that results in growth and improved operational performance.
- Recognized Industry Leader. Wipro’s Telecom R&D Practice received the #1 rank by independent advisor firm Zinnov Management Consultancy in their 2012 Global Service Provider Rankings (GSPR) Survey.
- Experience. Two decades of experience working with leading telecom equipment providers. Today we work with each of the top 15 telecom equipment vendors.
- Technology Expertise. Third-party R&D and testing services for hardware and software portfolios.
- End-to-End Solutions. Integrated and holistic offerings that address R&D, IT and BPO requirements.