The Global Aerospace industry continues to grow year on year to meet airline requirements. The industry faces challenges of rising operational cost, dearth of infrastructure in terms of airports, Maintain Repair and Overhaul (MRO) value chain along with trained flying and maintenance crews. A paradigm policy shift from importer to manufacturer has been invoked allowing the participation of Indian industry in Aerospace & Defense (A&D). Wipro understands these compulsions and is an active member of industry-government interactions on policy. We are well-poised for the growth and maturity of A&D in India and visualize participation in select areas.
Wipro has built engineering alliances, established various laboratories and compliance test facilities to support its A&D design teams, R&D, prototyping and manufacturing engineering. Emphasizing our commitment, we have leveraged our manufacturing experience and entered into the niche domain of hydraulic actuators, precision machining and additive manufacturing.
How Wipro Helps
Wipro supports A&D organizations ranging from Airframers, Tier 1&2 suppliers, defense forces, airlines and airports by enabling IT systems, process outsourcing, secure and optimized IT infrastructure and leveraging our practitioner experience to deliver transformational programs. We have developed, implemented, integrated and maintained solutions for the A&D industry that help your business cope with technological advancements and changes in the economic environment.
Our worldwide presence and global delivery model along with strategic alliances across products and services provides you with the market competitiveness and agility to meet business demands. Our solutions and services are a result of strong R&D capabilities backed by experienced industry professionals who have worked on cutting edge technologies in the A&D sector and have been at the forefront of product innovation.
- Wipro in A&D provides you a one stop shop with high degree of specialty covering a wide range of service offerings ranging from Consulting, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Systems Integration, and Information Technology to Business Process Outsourcing
- The solutions and services that we offer are a result of our strong R&D capabilities backed by experienced industry professionals who have worked on innovative technologies in these sectors and have been at the forefront of product innovations
- Wipro is an eligible Indian Offset Partner (IOP) delivering commercial Aerospace & Defense offsets for several global OEMs
- Global OEMs choose Wipro as an IOP based on the qualities of a long haul local partner with not only the necessary ethics and stature but also the relevant domain experience and service lines to deliver value
- Wipro maintains a core team in the National Capital Region (NCR) to work with global OEMs and also with Indian Government ministries and departments to address and comply with Defense Offset Guidelines as defined in Defense Procurement Procedures (DPP)
- Wipro through its active participation and membership with Industrial forums (CII, FICCI, USIBC, UKTI, etc.) maintains a proactive approach in drafting industry opinion and concerns with the end user and various Government agencies
- The team comprises of experienced domain specialists with proven track records in A&D engagements, and personnel from sales, military and engineering
- A&D engagements are internally supported by our service lines with a clear understanding on processes and procedures ensuring strict regulatory compliance. These include export regulations (ITAR/ EAR) requirements with a strong support from legal & compliance, delivery and finance
- Wipro has established an exclusive partnership with Apsys in the field of engineering and manufacturing. Apsys brings along its expertise in aircraft systems RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) and certification. Apsys is authorized as per Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to deliver pre-certification and certification for both hardware and software
- Avionics Systems Engineering, Wipro and an international technology solutions company have agreed to jointly develop solutions using the Integrated Modular Avionics technology. The intent is to propose innovative solutions, new tools and development prototypes to deploy across the globe
- To reinforce Wipro's physical presence at the customer's base, especially during project delivery phase, we have partnered with an overseas engineering company for larger local representation. This new business model allows for greater customer value added solutions as well as address offset obligations
- To deliver a greater passenger experience, Wipro has enabled the development of Aircraft Passenger Solutions through the combination of IT, IS and Engineering based technologies. We offer a solution for everything from Interactive Passenger Solutions to State-of-the-art Cabin & Seat Control Panels
- Modern aircraft design approach contains more electronics and information services based capabilities (Connected Aircraft). Wipro has gathered its best-in-class portfolio of service lines in Analytics Information Management, Mobile technology, Infrastructure and specific application development to propose turnkey solutions
- Wipro can develop fully customized and very specific prototypes of products and/or proofs of concept in various domains such as electronics, electro-mechanical, mechanical, optical and other types of equipment. All this is possible through Wipro's powerful R&D, Innovation cells and active linkages with the Indian Institute of Science. This partnership allows us to develop new ideas such as self-powered wireless connected sensor networks as well as new solutions for aircraft maintenance using remote control technology and Connected Augmented Reality.
- Wipro has a unique Product Qualification and Compliance laboratory named Tarang. It allows us to easily assess the robustness of new types of developments and products and test them against Aerospace regulations. In addition, due to our unique partnership with Apsys, we can ensure the industrial viability of new products, taking into consideration all possible constraints imposed on all aircraft related equipment and systems