Client: A multinational corporation headquartered in Europe
Industry: Electrical equipment
Products: Power grids, industrial automation, electrification products
Area of operation: Worldwide
No. of employees: Over 145,000
The client’s enterprise content management (ECM) platform was complex and outdated. This was affecting the platform’s performance, which had a direct impact on various applications around procurement, product lifecycle management and order to cash.
The platform stored over 50 million documents and approximately 1 million were created/modified every month. Maintaining and monitoring the volume of documents was complex. In the current version of the system, the documents also had the risk of exposure to vulnerability. Updating the platform had become pertinent but the challenge was the high hardware cost, system downtime and effort that would affect daily business operations.
Wipro enabled a seamless upgradation of the client’s ECM system and introduced automation in its processes, ensuring the client is future ready. The program was executed without disrupting daily business operations.
- 15+ automations were developed to improve the ECM system’s performance and availability
- Any OS installation and related activities were avoided
- New database was created with minimal additional hardware requirements
- Streamlined and provided ECM platform maintenance and support for Level 3 incident management, problem management, change management, database administration and performance tuning
- Validated the platform health check, availability and proactive monitoring of application services, jobs, log files and space availability in servers with multiple automations
- Implemented multiple upgrades for content server and sub systems to improve ECM platform performance and for longer sustenance of the environment
Manufacturer overcomes cost and downtime challenges, enables effective data management and great user experience.
Wipro’s solution helped the client address the need for a robust and scalable platform to manage the increasing demand for transactional content and business process efficiencies. The client could remove various redundant processes and improve the availability of the platform for the business.
- Improvement in database and ECM platform performance with an upgrade that costed 90% less
- 90% reduction in efforts spent on health check of the platform
- No downtime across various applications
- Reduction in downtime in case of any event due to real time alerts
- Real time monitoring of application functionalities with performance scripts
- High end-user satisfaction due to improved performance and stability of the platform
- Decrease in FTE by 2 hours due to automation of system health report
- Reduction in time to find a document due to document indexing and search
"The client needed improved customer experience and faster decision making by enabling global ECM platform support. To meet the need for process transformation and ERP system consolidation, we enabled robust transitioning by bringing in innovation led change management" - Senguttuvan Rangaswamy, Account Delivery Head - Manufacturing, Wipro