Services: Global information technology and consulting
Geographies: The US, Canada, Latin America, Continental Europe, India & Middle East and Asia Pacific
Wipro has a large global user base of 170K+. There were 600+ applications working in silos, leading to duplication and redundancy. Users had a disjointed experience with no uniform design standards across apps, convoluted navigation, limited empowerment due to controls and long workflows. In addition, they did not support emerging alternative access channels and form factors.
Users having multiple applications led to a number of challenges that included:
- Deploying and managing multiple apps was time consuming for the IT support team in the absence of any mobile container
- Downloading multiple apps consumed mobile storage space and without a single sign-on feature, separate log-ins were required in different applications
- Updating all the apps in the device in the event of an app update since there was no centralized control
Due to all these issues, the adoption rate of the mobile apps within the enterprise was low.
To combat these constraints and quickly move into a mobile fast track development, we moved into DronaHQ HTML5 Container. This simplified and accelerated the entire mobility journey for the organization. With the container, we could launch 43 enterprise apps in a period of 7 months. Today, we have close to 150K users and there are approx. 4500 downloads every month.
The solution components included:
- Ability to launch and access all the enterprise mobile applications from a single location. This feature enabled both the end-users and IT teams to access and launch approved corporate mobile applications securely from any mobile device. It is also a secure solution for IT departments since it provides complete control and security.
- Simplified and re-engineered the processes to make transactions simple and intelligent
- A number of pre-built, cross platform and appstore ready apps.
- A platform, which allowed the developers to deploy HTML5 in a continuous deployment model, reducing deployment time and effort significantly.
- With encryption and security standards being of paramount importance, the container APIs and configurations provided developers and administrators a ready to use infrastructure.
- Ease of maintenance and future-proofed to withstand changes at the hardware level.
- Alignment to global accessibility standards.
30+ mobile applications across various platforms like IOS, Android and Windows were launched. Some of the impactful apps included myTime, myWorklist,myTravel and myClaims.
Wipro realized benefits in the form of productivity gains, simpler collaboration, and improved sales enablement. Predominantly,
- Reduced transaction time Since core processes were reimagined along with the mobility drive, significant amount of transaction times were saved and typical speed enhancement was to the extent of 3-4X.
- Increased efficiency With critical transactions and required information & analytics on the go, mobility has enabled better decision making.
- Enhanced user experience A single universal app with micro apps on a sleek interface was enabled with single-sign on feature and auto-upgrade. Apps were made more intuitive and informative, thus reducing tickets.
“With the barrier between personal and professional becoming blurred by the day, the ask of the young millennial working in a project is very basic –“Why can’t my office apps be as cool as the food app I downloaded just in the morning? Why do I have to log into my laptop to do my appraisal when I can do all my banking transactions on my mobile?” One of our primary design criteria therefore is to make mobile first applications, which will allow users to do all the transactions from anywhere, on any device. Today, all our applications are on mobile and we have 50K+ active users.”
- Shravanti Chaudhuri – General Manager, CIO Office