The client is one of the top US-based non-profit healthcare providers. The faith-based system has operations in 18 states and has 83,000 employees. It operates 93 hospitals, including four academic health centers, teaching hospitals, and 24 critical-access facilities. It also has two community health service organizations, two accredited nursing colleges, and home health agencies.
The US healthcare industry has been going through an evolution as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) necessitates considerable shifts in IT infrastructure. It requires greater use of information technology in healthcare to foster efficiencies, increased accuracy in data reporting, and improved outcomes of clinical studies. Delivering high-quality clinical care will be impossible without the support of strategic, integrated, and agile IT systems.
The client was looking for an infrastructure partner that could meet their objectives of reducing cost which was a growing concern due to changing healthcare trends, as well as help bring in best practices and standards.There was an immediate need to upgrade the technology that affected the core business of 93 hospitals and multiple users across geographies. The client’s technology landscape was disparate, having multiple and, in some instances, outdated versions and complex organization structures. It wanted to implement a solution that consolidated and standardized IT services across regions as resolving the problem was becoming more time consuming and costs to maintain quality services were escalating.
Wipro provided end-to-end IT infrastructure Managed Services and Security Services, thereby standardizing delivery services. By moving to an Integrated Service Management model for its IT operations, the client was able to gain complete visibility and control of the processes. Process automation also helped in inferring real-time information and delivery of high-quality, uninterrupted patient care within budget and with limited resources.
The integrated solution we offered includes:
- End-User Computing, Service Desk, Network & Data Center Services
- End-to-end Security Services, including Identity Access Management, Enterprise Security, and Disaster Recovery
- Redesigning the system with expanded use of automation and virtualization
SALIENT FEATURES of Wipro’s Infrastructure Managed Services and Security Services were:
- Instrumented: Real-time server, network, and application information along with conguration and asset information were automatically collected and fed into service models
- Interconnected: Data from 2000 servers, 100,000 network devices, 500 database instances, and 100,000 telecom circuits were monitored, showing the health of services
- Intelligent: Ability to identify trends based on the number and severity of problems for each asset class helped the IT staff predict and prevent service-impacting problems
- Reduced the revenue gap of $2 billion
- Reduced by 50% Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Reduced IT infrastructure spend by about 25%
- Saved more than $50 million over a period of five years