Future state of applications
In the future state, application development experience will become an active, role-centric assembly of business capabilities to dynamically reflect an organization’s differentiated business practices.
Low code, no code platform assisted by AI capabilities will be the foundation for citizen development for the future of next-gen app engineering.
- Application Libraries will become Libraries of Business capabilities.
- Internal, vendor and open marketplaces will emerge to offer preassembled collections or individually packaged business capabilities, which offer access via APIs and event channels.
To enable an advanced approach to developing applications, creating an adaptive, composable app creation process and be future ready,
- Democratized Tools will support businesses to assemble Application Experiences
- Organizations will use democratized design and development tools, augmented by artificial intelligence (AI), to draw on business capability marketplaces and custom development in order to create business application experiences.
- Integration will be an essential enabler of new application experiences
- At runtime, assembled application experiences will operate on a hybrid integration platform that provides governance, security, interoperability, scale and adaptability.
organizations will need to work on improving the developer and architect experience enabled through an engineering shift: