- Client: FMCG conglomerate
- Products/Services: Personal care, food, snacks, beverages, dairy
- Operations scope: 2 million service outlets by 2020
The client’s business was hampered by aging network infrastructure that led to frequent service degradation. As a rapidly growing company, the client wanted to refresh its aging network hardware, upgrade its sub-optimal operations, and reduce the operational effort in managing its entire network infrastructure. It was looking to replace its core switches and routers that were approaching the end of their service life, and ensure mission-critical application based usage of WAN links. Additionally, the client expected Zero Touch Deployment across LAN and WAN.
The client chose to partner with Wipro to address the challenges based on its robust global infrastructure and SDX capabilities, and proprietary transformation framework. Wipro implemented the Cisco IWAN solution as well as NMS-Cisco Prime to centralize management of the network, while APIC-EM i.e. the network automation tool (configured on top of Cisco Prime) helped automate processes. Additionally, Wipro enabled zero touch deployment across LAN and WAN and PnP and created path visualization and architecture design.
Deploying centralized network management along with the network automation tool helped the client realize the following benefits:
- Cut down the operational time and effort to manage the client’s network system
- Enabled Scalable infrastructure to meet current as well as future growth requirements
- 30% cut in OPEX and CAPEX by integrating SD-WAN
- Enhanced application performance, business agility and responsiveness
“Deep study of customer business objective and network challenges helped us position the best solution set. Our experience and capacities helped us not only transform customer network to meet their current business but also future growth.”