As of: 6th July 2020
The number of COVID positive cases continue to increase globally. Several governments have announced extension of lockdown. AT Wipro, most of our employees continue to Work From Home (WFH). Our Work from Office (WFO) operations are currently less than 5%. Some of the key decisions made globally:
- Employees who have been enabled to WFH and delivering their services effectively should continue it that way, they need not to come to office.
- Employees for whom WFH is not possible or enabled can WFO
- Employees who have been enabled to WFH but are unable to work effectively can WFO
In addition to that there are further key initiatives taken at Wipro :
- Wipro has developed an internal tool (HEALTH COV-ER) which will be a one stop solution to facilitate and track employees working at office. It is expected to Go live on July 13th across India campuses. .
- Wipro is also working on getting expatriates based in US to India through chartered flight.
- Created Zones/partitions within ODCs, cafeteria, pantries, restrooms, cabs where employees from one zone cannot interact or mix-up with the other zone employees.
Number of Covid positive cases in India have significantly increased. State governments are taking situational decisions and announcing relaxations as appropriate. Currently, all our offices in India are operational with minimal number of staff. All safety measures are in place such as thermal screening, face masks, hand rubs, safe distancing at the development centers and common areas etc. The health centers at our facilities are operational round the clock. The company will implement staggered approach to return to the workplace and include fleeting intervals between phases to allow the organization and business teams to check and adjust, as desired.
- Perth office is open in Australia
- Sydney – we are contemplating to open 1 office during mid of July.
- Melbourne – no decision made yet in the current circumstances.
- Waiting for green signal from government authorities
- 30 employees are working form office
- Cebu is in ECQ whereas Manila under the GCQ (General Community Quarantine - eased lockdown)
- 99% of employees are enabled to WFH. There is limited public transport in both Cebu and Manila.
- Some critical employees are coming to office to support deliverables, shuttle services are provided
- Employees providing essential services and those impacted with border crossings are given in-house accommodation
- All precautionary measures taken in office premises. Return to work protocols being prepared in parallel
- There are cases identified in Beijing. Wipro employees in Beijing who are working at customer location are now completely enabled to WFH.
- Wipro offices in Dalian and Chengdu are operational since end of March.
- All safety and precautionary measures ensured at office premises
- All Wipro offices are closed
- WFH has been extended until July end
- About 5 customers have opened offices and asked our teams to come back, but not at full strength
- Accounts are opening in staggered manner
- Our offices are closed until 31st July, will take the call based on situation at that time
- Lockdown is continuing as cases are increasing rapidly week on week
- No customer is considering to open the operations
- Wipro offices continue to be closed, employees are already enabled o WFH
- Few staffs are working from customer site while the rest are enabled to WFH
- Some relaxation on essential activities has been announced
- Wipro offices continue to remain closed
- Situation is getting better, and planning to open Wipro offices by end of July
- Few of our staffs are working at customer offices
- Status remain the same for Mexico and Brazil
- Cases are spiking up, and foreigners are not allowed until July
- Government has decided to open only essentials businesses for now
- We are preparing our offices to start the operations, so far no employees are coming to Wipro offices
- Number of COVID cases started to coming down especially in Ontario
- Wipro offices are closed until end of July
- Offices will be opened in a staggered approach based on the situation
- Situation remain escalated and alarming in US
- 38 states have had daily increase in the cases
- Wipro Atlanta office is open with skeletal staff to support a customer engagement
- No further lockdown is expected at this time
- Employees are enabled to WFH
- Governments across all countries relaxed lockdown requirements
- Most countries going slow in enabling WFO
- Wipro Offices are ready to enable WFO to provide essential services
- Currently, Wipro Malaysia office is operational with few employees based on customer requirement
The restrictions on travel, closure of common areas, postponement of customer visits and physical employee gatherings will continue until further notice.
Our global Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) and crisis management teams are monitoring the situation round the clock. We are in continuous touch with our teams who are working on customer projects to ensure that they are productive and are able to deliver their services on the projects.
Stay safe! For any clarifications or support please feel free to contact us