The client was using legacy middleware tools, which hindered development of new technological capabilities. Because of this, the client’s incident management efforts were increasing and resource maintenance costs were high. Moreover, the current tools had reached end-of-service lifecycle, which left the client’s systems vulnerable and at risk.
The utility major wanted to set up a future-ready middleware platform that could support enterprise-grade web services, API lifecycle governance, Managed File Transfer (MFT) capability, and hybrid integration along with better governance and monitoring.
- The new platform is digital and future-ready, supporting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), B2B integration, Business Process Management (BPM), hybrid integration, MFT, IoT and API management
- The system design also enables DMZ class security, higher availability, scalability, stability and resilience
- The platform is implemented across all major business units, such as transmission offices, corporate and shared services, system of operations, etc
- The platform was enabled to provide end-to-end monitoring and governance of business processes, which was lacking in the previous middleware solution
- 50% reduction in incident management efforts
- 30% reduction in run the business costs compared to previous middleware tools
- Complete visibility of end-to-end business transactions
- Optimum utilization of licenses and human resources through shared infrastructure and multi-location support across lines of businesses
- Faster on-boarding and deployment of major information service programs. The solution delivered a major business transformation (with 150 interfaces) within a year of implementation
- Simplified operations by automating system alerts on failure of services
Wipro transformed the utilities major’s digitalization landscape, not only by helping them modernize their systems, but also by ensuring they are ready to achieve their future digital goals. Their business operations are now more efficient, and better governed.
Dibyendu Ballav - Practice Head, API and Oracle Integration practice, Wipro Ltd.