Client: Global healthcare major
Areas of Operation: Presence across Europe, Asia, Australia and the USA
Services: Developing eyecare devices, patented and generic medicines
The client wanted to embark on a digital journey to ensure seamless business processes related to the customers and the partners. The client’s IT team needed to ensure better integration of all the connectors while keeping in line with the shorter timelines and thin budgets. Below are the key reasons why the existing middleware landscape has become a blocker to reach the desired state:
- Too many integration tools in client’s integration landscape
- High number of point-to-point integrations
- Lack of flexibility, in the existing on-premise middleware solutions, to support hybrid cloud deployment and advanced capabilities like cloud and mobile integration
- Legacy middleware resulting in higher license cum maintenance costs
- Data inconsistency at various systems within the client and the customer organizations Therefore, the customer was looking for an application integration strategy, which would enable them to seamlessly integrate all their end points, get a 360-degree view of their customer and partner base and cater to future integration needs.
Wipro helped the client implement Dell Boomi as the iPaaS to enable seamless integration with all the endpoints and other bespoke applications. Scalability and performance at a lower TCO was the need of the hour. Below are the solution details:
- Established a Boomi factory and built new composite and complex interfaces with ease of use..
- Set up an ICC model that delivered close to 400+ integrations to multiple business functions of the client.
- Integration endpoints include Salesforce, SAP, MS SharePoint and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) servers.
- Enabled secure means of integration through data encryption using Boomi AtomSphere.
- Ensured deployment flexibility i.e., the runtime engine can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise as per the requirements.
- Reduced the TCO by bringing in the feature of variable IT capacity to keep in line with business requirements.
- Plug-and-play configuration with self-service capabilities enabling citizen integration for business users.
- Enabled business readiness from a digital integration perspective to undergo a special merger and acquisition (asset swap).
- 30% Reduction in TCO of integration landscape moving from traditional SOA middleware to iPaaS platform.
- 50% Reduction in server capacity requirement.
- 80% Interface development time reduced as a result of Boomi AtomSphe
Multiple integration touch points coupled with diverse integration tools can derail the business process quickly. Wipro simplified the client’s integration landscape and accelerated their time-to-market with a flexible deployment model in place. With this engagement, Wipro established Dell Boomi as an enterprise standard not only at the client but also in the industry.
-Avanish Raut Head - Dell Boomi practice, Wipro Limited.