Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting (WCCLG) is one of the fastest growing FMCG companies in India today. From personal care and wellness products, domestic and commercial lighting to office furniture, WCCLG has a strong presence in about 40 countries, including India, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Taiwan and the Middle East. It has 7 production plants overseas and 8 in India.
Consumer switches and lighting businesses are looking to make their sales processes more efficient and increasingly customer-centric. As part of their business transformation initiatives, organizations feel a pressing need to improve customer touch points, better track sales activities and automate processes. Stemming customer churn is high on their radar even as they grapple with steeper manufacturing costs amid low volumes. While organizations look to secure new accounts, it is important to have more information related to existing customers’ buying patterns and interest areas as it gives a competitive edge.
Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting was looking to streamline its sales process and improve customer interactions by automating processes. It was facing multiple challenges, such as:
- Inefficient tracking of order invoices against customer accounts
- Manual and tedious enquiry gathering processes
- The Tracking pipeline for the overall project had a complex structure
- The total realized potential while invoicing against the opportunity potential could not be tracked efficiently with manual processes. Also, tracking potential versus actual realization was difficult
- Manual tracking of sales forecasting and quota
Wipro automates enquiry gathering to project closure process of WCCLG and streamlines project pipeline tracking via Oracle Sales Cloud
Wipro implemented the Oracle Sales Cloud (OSC) solution that helped automate the sales process and improved sales performance through better forecasting and analytics, and quota management.
The solution helped:
- Streamline tracking of project pipeline by mapping invoices generated against particular accounts. It also helped integrate with WCCLG’s billing system (SAP)
- Automate quota management and forecasting for more efficient sales performance
- Improve lead-to-opportunity conversion process flow, making tracking of enquiry/lead potential more efficient
- 100% sales process automation with lead and opportunity tracking: Cloud-based mobile applications made the sales processes faster and more efficient
- 65% better tracking for clients, enabling 30% faster deal closure
- Pre-built reporting helped focus on potential accounts
- Elaborative and configurable reports to give a quick glance of different business processes
- 40% Sales Efficiency: Expected increase in sales executives’ efficiency as a result of sales cloud mobile applications
- 30% Faster Closure: Expected closure of enquiries through defined business workflows and approvals
- 65% Better Tracking: The sales cloud is expected to improve tracking of enquiry potential and pipeline projects over the next 6 months