Client: A leading multinational insurance group
Area of operation: Europe
Products: Insurance products and services
Employees: Over 12,000
The client responded to the changing business environment requirements by simplifying end-to-end processes, enabling procurement optimization and product simplification, and transformation of information services.
Despite taking these measures, the client realized they were overspending on their IT services and they lacked an agile and automated environment with standardized delivery, which posed challenges in their endeavor to leverage new technology and cloud options.
They wanted to move from legacy estate and fixed costs to a consumption-based model.
Wipro stepped in as the client’s preferred partner to helm their IT transformation journey. We built the solution on six key design principles, together titled 'ASSURE', which stands for:
- A – Agile and Automated
- S – Speed to implement
- S – Standardized and Secure delivery
- U – User experience
- R – Reliable
- E - Efficient
Wipro delivered Infrastructure Services including:
- End to end service management for Europe
- Scaling up onsite support for governance, service management, and architecture support. India was leveraged for data center open systems and mainframe, database services, and security operations, while service desk support was managed from Poland.
- Tools – ServiceNxt™ and Wipro HOLMESTM, including Holmes smart analytics, Holmes scriptorium and Holmes orchestrator.
- People solution – In addition to TUPE/transfer of people from incumbents, Wipro brought skilled resources
services were based on “as-a-service“ consumption model.
Wipro also executed successful data centre migration. The solution highlights are:
- Wipro leveraged its accelerators and tools to ensure seamless services and employees’ transition.
- Wipro worked with a Partner for Hosting & Mainframe Systems. A consumption based MIPS model ensured quicker migration of MIPS.
- The target infrastructure was based on industry standard compute and storage infrastructure that consisted of dedicated Server, Storage and Networking. The Server and Storage infra was connected to other DC infra like Core DC LAN, Load Balancer, Firewall and logical DMZ.
- Wipro’s Boundary Less Data Center framework , which is software defined, hybrid and hyper resilient, was created for the client. Additionally, Wipro deployed an Open Stack based cloud orchestrator to drive provisioning, mobility and self-service of workloads across private cloud Infrastructure on Open Systems and public cloud instances.
- Wipro re-classified and re-distributed storage across tiers.
- In addition to providing a three-layer governance and escalation structure for seamless operations management, Wipro introduced:
- Automation, transformation office and industrialized delivery model
- Service integration and management layer framework
- A service intelligence and reporting service layer
- Wipro IPs like Wipro Fixomatic™, ServiceNXTTM, Wipro Holmes™ for setting-up a global Service Desk
Leveraging Wipro’s solution and delivery expertise, the client achieved measurable benefits across key dimensions:
- Sustainable cost savings of 68.5% over contract term
- 30% price reduction over a span of seven years owing to higher resource productivity and automation
- 30% error reduction due to automation and elimination of human errors and waste
- Reduced spend through footprint consolidation (facilities and assets), complexity reduction (optimized number of providers), scale efficiencies and cost transparency
- 30% additional head room in the provisioned capacity from day 1 through use of IaaS to provide instant burst capability across open systems
- Charging based on actual consumption with minimal fixed costs
- 20% year on year mainframe ramp down built into the model with additional flexibility of pay-per-use
- Service consumption supported by local skills for greater ease and flexibility
Innovation & new technology
- Leveraged Open Stack to improve OEM’s underwriting technology performance
- Leveraged Wipro’s IP assets to ensure committed performance and savings
- Leveraged futuristic Wipro investments to drive new technology solutions in cloud and AI