Wipro would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land throughout Australia and pay our respects to the local elders - past, present and emerging.
Digitisation across the world continues to bridge boundaries and simplify lives with the rapid advancement of technological tools. Digital transformation has become paramount for both private IT companies as well as the public sector. True to this, NSW (New South Wales), Australia focuses on providing an enhanced experience to its citizens. Be it across the public sector clusters or specifically the ICT (Information & Communications Technology) strategy by NSW, the focus has been on adopting cutting-edge tools for an enhanced digital experience. To enable NSW to gain the right leverage both in terms of value opportunities as well as experience, enterprises and government are working hand in hand.
Wipro in NSW
We are closer to our customers in NSW as we have a significant presence in Australia through our Asia Pacific business headquarters in Millers Street, Sydney. Having started our operations in NSW in 2001 with a strong focus on localisation and gender diversity among our staff of over 1,000, we have an impressive mix of 40% gender diversity and almost 50% localisation.
Wipro Labs and Locations in NSW
- A development centre each in Sydney, Macquarie Park and Paramatta to deliver our clients the best IT solutions for their digital transformation
- Wipro Promax Analytics Solutions at Taylors Beach, to offer our best-in-class solution on Trade Promotion Management (TPM) and Optimisation (TPO).
- Soon to be inaugurated Wipro & AWS Cloud Studio, Paramatta
- Designit Studio, Surry Hills
We have adopted a digital-first strategy for the NSW transformation story. Core to this strategy is our ‘Big Bets’ program which focuses on digital, cloud, engineering services, and cyber security through the pillars of:
- Business transformation
- Connected intelligence
We cater to over 24 clients in NSW spread across industry segments and have to our credit some noteworthy success stories.
Wipro’s Success Stories in NSW
- Sydney Water: Wipro’s SAP implementation allowed Sydney Water to improve customer experience and boost operational efficiency with 100,000 bills produced in around 10 minutes.
- University of Sydney: Effective data management and learning analytics solution provided a high-level view of KPIs and a one-stop search tool for research.
- Origin Energy: Wipro’s SAP implementation helped Origin Energy to change their structure and culture by being united linearly rather than being spread out.
- Woolworths: Woolworths was able to bring down operational costs by transforming its IT infrastructure from legacy to a Vblock infrastructure.
Wipro’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
We are formally committed to reconciliation through the RAP program. The Reflect RAP provides us a roadmap to begin our reconciliation journey. Through implementing a Reflect RAP, we will lay the foundations for future RAPs and reconciliation initiatives.
Wipro for NSW Public Sector
The NSW public sector is the largest employer in Australia, with over 300,000 employees. The NSW government’s bullish strategy - Beyond Digital, Cyber Security Strategy and Cyber Security Policy – is focused on customer experience and their safety as key, deploying the best-in-class technological tools available, and safeguarding critical information, assets and citizen data. We regularly work with the various agencies in the NSW government. Wipro is aligned to NSW’s strategy and policies to strengthen ICT for the digital transformation efforts in the region.