- Client name: Uniper GmbH
- Industry: ENU
- Products or Services: Power generation, Energy sales and trading, Energy storage and Energy services.
- Geography or Areas of operations: Active in more than 40 countries
- Any other relevant detail such as total annual revenue::€1.5 bn EBITDA with over 11,000 employees, 100 years of industry leadership, 34 GW energy generation with 7.9 bcm gas storage capacity
- Absence of standardization in testing approach & process across Uniper IT
- Distributed ownership of testing at individual application & project level by respective teams
- Engagement with multiple third-party service players led to delays in delivery timelines
- Lack of structured knowledge management and retention
- Test services at application level resulted in higher cost
- Non-alignment with industry best practices
- Wipro’s unique centralized TMS (Test Managed Services) approach provided services across UIT such as BAU test services, project end-to-end test services covering functional testing, non-functional testing, regression testing, test management and coordination activities.
- Wipro’s centralized TMS implementation brought about standardization of templates, test processes, knowledge management processes for all supported applications, implemented core and flex team’s model ensuring business continuity.
- Working toward automation of test process as part of continuous improvement by introducing Wipro Holmes automation framework.
- SAP test management and co-ordination SolMan (solution manager) tool which is exclusively used for SAP projects as per standards.
- A blend of custom services helped to optimize cost with best-shore model benefitting Uniper to ensure quality services and business continuity.
- Significant improvement in quality of deliverables with standardization of templates and processes implemented.
- Implemented multiple test accelerators for improved productivity.
- Industry standard best practices being followed in line with ISTQB testing standards and standardized tools like MicroFocus Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Unified Functional Testing (UFT), NeoLoad, LoadGen and Load Runner to name a few.
- Achieved 68% of regression suite test automation in TMS supported application BAUs and aiming to enhance it further, thus reducing regression test cycle times.
- Improved test maturity TMMi level 4 and internal customer satisfaction.
“Wipro’s contribution in improving the quality and testing standards at Uniper is commendable. Team operates with a multi-dimensional approach on achieving the business goals with a progressive mindset. I am amazed with the level of commitment for collective success and ability to generate significant business value. Wipro’s technical and consulting expertise benefited Uniper to achieve the best in class platform.” – Hartmut Draxler, Head of Support Cross Functions, Uniper