- Client: Privately owned bank in the UAE
- Industry type: Banking & Financial Services
- Products/Services: Retail banking, Asset management, Investment banking
- Geography or Areas of operations: Middle East
Rapid global expansion had broadened the awareness of a pioneering Middle Eastern bank and contributed to a period of substantial growth. Managing such a speedy expansion had driven the bank to use systems that accomplished key tasks but were heavily customized and were not standardized across the bank’s now-global footprint. With plans to expand further, the bank saw an opportunity to streamline HR processes in a manner that would improve the employee experience while also increasing productivity.
Wipro worked with the Middle Eastern bank to harmonize, automate, and streamline various processes in Benefits Administration, Global Transfers, Absence Management and Reimbursements. Wipro charted the bank’s transformation journey with Oracle HCM Cloud and defined the implementation roadmap leveraging its Digital Navigator Assessment framework, helping the bank to prioritize business KPIs. HCM Cloud was also integrated with the bank’s on-premise Oracle E-Business Suite Payroll application.
Replacing the legacy HR landscape with a flexible, scalable system empowered the bank to standardize its processes and develop a global management pool with seamless employee transfers. Wipro also supported the bank’s establishment of legal entity structures for all countries of operation.
In addition to these operational transformations, the bank placed high value on the employee experience for its 5,000 employees worldwide. Wipro helped the bank with its organizational change management, ensuring that all employees derived value from the transformation. Wipro also met the needs of the bank’s tech-savvy employees by enabling mobile options and faster turnaround times for employee-engagement processes.
- Engagement (solution to design) completed remotely in 6 months
- Eliminated complex customizations and established a single source of truth for all HR data
- Smooth global transfers powered by automated processes
- Uplift in Employee experience with modern, mobile enabled system
- Cycle times reduced by >35%
- Reduction in HR IT support cost by 26%
- Streamlined processes with lower TCO