Sourcing & Procurement
Procurement is no longer about processing forms and grappling with suppliers on the price of daily requirements. Today’s business environment demands negotiating the maze of fluctuating material prices. Add to that the pressure on profits, increasing risk profiles in global markets, and the need to innovate. With all this, the procurement function has moved on to be more strategic, value-adding activity. It now works in close collaboration with the business units to minimize supply chain risk, enhance productivity and shorten delivery times.
How Wipro Helps
Our strategy splits organizational spend into three buckets: strategic spend covering around 60-65%; tactical spend, which is about 20-25%; and, finally, tail spend adding up to 10-15%. We align to the CPO's business goals by leveraging our deep category expertise to manage billions worth of spend enable cost savings through:
- Category Management Support Services: cost savings up to 5 - 12% in addressable spend
- Tactical Sourcing Execution Services: 3 - 5% savings in addressable spend
- Tail Spend Management: 2 - 5% savings in addressable spend
- Requisition to fill: 15 - 30% in operational cost savings, compliance, and service levels
Wipro's Sourcing and Procurement Service helps businesses across industry verticals address all aspects related to process, people and location, technology, governance/SLAs/KPIs, assets and artifacts, and transformation. We recommend a total cost of ownership approach with focus on maximizing value, helping you transition from the traditional transaction processing model to a differentiated and goal-driven model. For high-end execution or service delivery, we adopt a front office-middle office-back office combination model across Source-to-Pay services. Our model leverages competencies and skill sets that exist across the client organization, thus maximizing operational efficiencies and optimizing costs.
Source to Contract
- Spend data management
- Category Analysis & Research
- Strategy development
- Supplier negotiations
- Business award
Procure to Pay
- Monitor & Sustain
Service Delivery Approach:
Wipro deploys its unique six-pillar delivery framework to ensure all critical aspects of service delivery are addressed and executed effectively and efficiently.
- Process Plan: Robust "To-Be" processes mapped to L1-L5 level for all in-scope processes including hand offs and control points
- People & Location Strategy: A hybrid onsite-nearshore-offshore model covering front office-middle office-back office combination and help ooptimize organizational structure
- Technology Plan: Best of breed technology deployment and performance visibility through Base)))™ our propriety business operations platform.
- Assets & Artifacts Leverage: A rich repository of data collation and RFX templates, category packs, supplier databases, price benchmarks, bid evaluation templates and more
- Governance, SLA/KPI & Reports: Strong three-layer governance framework for effective service delivery management. We also offer a complete dashboard view of operations through well-defined and pertinent service levels and performance indicators comprehensive
- Transformation: Focus on continuous improvement process excellence, committed productivity over contract period as well focus on spend optimization, spend consolidation and vendor optimization