Increasing Costs of Water Treatment and Pumping
Energy and chemical costs account for a major part of expenses of Water and Wastewater companies. They continue to increase at rates more than what Water and Wastewater companies are allowed to pass on to customers. There is, therefore, a pressing need to understand the factors contributing to costs, ways to control them and means to avoid risks.
How Wipro Helps
With the advent of technologies such as Big Data, advanced analytics, real-time SCADA and smart metering, Wipro has developed solutions that provide foresights on energy consumption, inventory management and optimization of chemicals.
- Provide a holistic view of the energy spend across Water and Wastewater value chain, highlighting inefficiencies
- Offer process modelling to understand the biological process, analytics to identify energy saving opportunities and monitoring tools to prevent drift from the settings that provide energy savings
- Provide just-in-time inventory management processes aligned to demand forecasting and balancing
- Optimal usage of inventory across sites resulting in OPEX savings
Key solutions offerings:
- Energy Optimization & Recovery: Integrated Energy Management Service using a unique innovative energy management platform together with a robust analytics framework. This helps get insights into energy savings and ensures sustainability of realized savings
- Integrated Water Treatment Planning and Inventory Management Solution: Inventory monitoring and prediction tool offered as desktop/mobile version
- Water Asset Information Quality Management Solution: Asset data quality assessment tool with recommendations for data quality improvements