Global warming and climate change have come to the fore as a key sustainable development issue. Many governments are taking steps to reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions through national policies that include the introduction of emission trading programs, voluntary programs, carbon or energy taxes, and regulations and standards on energy efficiency and emissions. As a result, it has become very important for the supply chain management company to understand and manage their GHG risks if they are to ensure long-term success in a competitive business environment, and be prepared to provide their customers with their share of carbon footprint based on the logistics outsourced to them. By assessing the carbon footprints, a supply chain management company can improve the efficiency of their supply chain operations, reduce costs, improve margins, strengthen customer service, and enhance their competitiveness by optimizing resource usage, minimize fuel usage, reduce carbon emissions and lessen waste.
How Wipro Helps
Hara™ - Wipro's Carbon Accounting Tool is a solution that enables your enterprise to be environmentally and socially responsible in -
- Managing GHG risks and identifying reduction opportunities
- Compliance to standards and government regulations on energy efficiency and emissions
- Public reporting and participation in voluntary GHG programs and mandatory reporting programs
- Participation in GHG markets for emission trading etc.
- Compliance to Kyoto Protocol
- On-demand (SaaS) model
- Subscription based pricing
- Integration with back end systems
- Customizable work flows
- Enterprise dashboards and reports