Since the start of the global economic crisis back in September 2008, many corporations have endured a number of challenges to meet committed top-line forecasts, maintain proper capital reserves, and invest in profitable growth strategies... Corporations that had high leverage ratios suffered the most as liquidity and working capital became a scarce resource.
Now, as economic recovery seems more imminent, companies are adjusting their capital reserves and debt ratios to take advantage of underpriced equity. This is an advantageous time for companies to implement aggressive inorganic growth strategies to quickly align to anticipated customer needs. It is also an ideal time to package assets for sale to increase liquidity and strengthen the balance sheet.
As the saying goes, value and differentiation can only be achieved by having unsurpassed products, offerings and customer service. Cheaper, better, faster…. Under a transformational microscope, an assessment that reveals gaps and weaknesses in capability can be identified and mitigated.
For companies of the new economy, the deployment of inorganic growth strategies, once thought of as an occasional event, is proving itself as a viable and more routine corporate maneuver to develop financial liquidity, obtain corporate functionality fast and even cannibalize weaker competitors along the way. Enter Wipro’s M&A Transaction Services.
Wipro's M&A Transaction Services group provides a complimentary set of capabilities that supports your M&A strategy. Our M&A business advisory is built to co-exist and work other M&A advisors whilst being able to take ownership and accountability of post acquisition issues on a long term basis. Wipro’s M&A team, coupled with its world-class IT+Business implementation services helps customers reach their specific acquisition or divestiture objectives. Our M&A framework is designed to help you avoid value erosion and eliminate business interruption. Illustratively, the following activities are supported with our team.
- Analyze the organizational performance and quality of a target against the acquirers investment goals for acquisition or merger
- Determine the gap of operational efficiency relative to its industry peers to help negotiators determine the proper acquisition price for a target
- Model possible post acquisition operating cost outcomes and build a restructured view against current state business operations. Leverage Wipro’s global delivery, business optimization and offshoring platforms to drive efficiency and reduce cost of integration
- Support integration PMO activities - Monitor and intercept implementation issues before they happen; to their core strengths and aim to capture market share to exploit industry competitor weaknesses
- Reduce the technology and operational business carrying costs for assets that are earmarked for divestiture
- Manage TSAs and vendor contracts
- Manage and "true-up" data room artifacts for due diligence reviews
With over 500 mission critical business processes operationally managed for our top clients, a world class global IT delivery capability and experience in USD 1.5 billion in acquisitions made by Wipro, we offer a plethora of tools that can make an acquisition or merger successful.