Product Development teams of Automotive organizations are facing enormous challenges to reduce development cost, improve margins and reduce time-to-market for new products. Rising product complexity requires OEMs to strive for more flexible and modular platforms, whereas environmental regulations are driving adaption of lightweight and aerodynamic designs. In-car technology solutions, including telematics and infotainment, are gaining traction as consumers are looking for a seamless experience across their home, office and in-car.
How Wipro Helps
Wipro's Automotive Group brings in end-to-end expertise of product development cycles, including product strategy and portfolio planning, concept design to detailed engineering, product benchmarking, design simulations, telematics, infotainment, various connected car services and compliance testing.
Our Product Development service caters to the following major areas:
- Product Engineering Design services
- Automotive Electronics Engineering services
- Automotive Product Testing & Validation services
- Product strategy and product planning - Advisory services
These services help you to improve the efficiency of your New Product Development process and also help reduce time to market for new products. We also help cut R&D costs, while developing and implementing new features in your products.
Our comprehensive service offerings in this value chain cover end to end requirements that include :
Engineering Design Services
- Design and validation services for body engineering, chassis and suspension, powertrain, seating systems, and designs for almost all major vehicle aggregates
- Services include concept ideation, preliminary and detail design (CAD) including design of Class - A surfaces, engineering analysis including vehicle dynamics, crash analysis, durability, and manufacturing engineering design capabilities for tools, dies, jigs and fixtures
- Value engineering/ value analysis and design optimization services to reduce cost
- Services also include carrying out tear-down, feature benchmarking and should-costing for all functional commodities
click here for more information
Automotive Electronics Engineering Services
- Specific solutions in the areas of Infotainment and Connectivity, Telematics and Connected Car Services, Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Instrument Clusters
- Comprehensive service portfolio that covers embedded software design and development, hardware design, system design and integration, and independent verification, validation and testing
Wipro is the world's first company to have achieved a Level 5 Certification in Automotive SPICE™. Wipro is also a core member of GENIVI Alliance and member of Car Connectivity Consortium.
click here for more information
Product Strategy & Product Planning - Advisory Services
- Help make faster business decisions by providing high quality business consulting, research and analysis support in the area of product strategy and product planning
- This includes market analysis, covering country analysis, market attractiveness assessment, emerging market study, import/export analysis, trade environment, regulations, and market entry strategies
- The Consumer Analysis covers market segment analysis, consumer buying behavior analysis, New Car Buyer Survey (NCBS) analysis, consumer brand perception and regional consumer trend analysis
- The Product Strategy and Planning covers product portfolio and future product lineup analysis of competitors/ OEMs, segment analysis, product differentiation strategy, innovation/ reverse innovation strategy of OEMs, and product specification and feature benchmarking with competitors, migration analysis, end item count, price value competence analysis, product grade walk, sales analysis and forecast
- Specialized studies on electric and fuel cell vehicles cover technology, market potential, market readiness, OEM strategy, supplier analysis, utilities and energy company's roadmap, charging infrastructure and consumer preferences
Automotive Product Testing and Validation Services
- Wipro has a world-class product qualification and compliance laboratory named "Tarang" located in Bangalore, India. To read more about Tarang Lab, click here
- We have also developed an Automotive Test Lifecycle Management solution called "PLATO" for vehicle/system/component testing. To read more about PLATO, click here