Wipro in Africa
The pace of business and technological change will only accelerate in the coming years and the African market sits at the intersection of this innovation. Africa has been our most dynamic and diverse market to date, becoming the logical focus for Wipro and one of our premier vehicles for accelerated growth.
Wipro commands a strong presence in the African markets since 2007, having helped leading organizations across the region in their business transformation journey. We have gained deep knowledge about the African market dynamics during this time, which combined with our global business experience, execution excellence and leadership in diverse technologies makes us the partner of choice to help them do business better.
'Client value enablement' lies at the core of all our engagements in Africa, and we strive to achieve this goal with our global delivery capabilities (onsite, near-shore and offshore), expertise, collaboration, risk tolerance, and price/cost saving proposition.
Wipro solutions and services
- Technology Infrastructure Services
- Business Applications Services
- Package Application Services (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Siebel)
- Application Development & Maintenance
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Consulting Services
- Testing Services
- Product Engineering Solutions
- Eco Energy Services
- Advanced Technologies (Social Media, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud)
To ensure that we offer our customers best-of-breed solutions and technologies, we have established strong relationships with advisors and alliance networks. We are working with key partners such as Microsoft, SAP and Oracle, and exploring the potential for developing game-changing innovative solutions for our clients. Accordingly, we have recently become an SAP® services partner of SAP South Africa, a subsidiary of SAP AG.
Wipro’s Presence across the Africa Region
Wipro has significant presence in South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia and Swaziland and continues to invest heavily for further enhancing its delivery capabilities across the region.
Today Wipro manages its engagements across Africa with a team of more than 1100 associates working on multiple projects. In the next 3 years, we plan to double our strength by employing local talent that will be developed through skills development initiatives.
Today we work with more than 20 African organizations which include:
- Two of the "big four" full-service South African banks that have operations spanning Africa and key financial centers in Europe, Americas and Asia
- One of the world's largest energy companies operating in South Africa.
- One of the leading telecom operators with a presence across Africa.
Our Strategic Focus
We believe that enterprises will remodel themselves by embracing the benefits of technology and we have identified the four key themes that are the primary drivers behind this change:
- Analytics driven experimentation and performance improvement
- Variabilization of IT to enhance business agility
- Consumerization of IT fuelling business value through productivity
- Innovation to win in a world of constraints
Keeping in view the business drivers, we are extremely focused on driving value creation for our clients, which we deliver through:
- Industry-led value propositions addressing our client business priorities
- Strategic partnerships an dalliances for Go-to-Market and business solutions
- Key industry focus areas - Financial Services, Telecommunications, Retail, Energy Natural Resources and Utilities
- Strong focus on BBBEE and Skills Development: Level 4 accreditation as well asTalent Acquisition and Development
- Centers of Excellence that enable us to harness the latest technology for delivering business capability to our clients